Follow on Twitter;
https://twitter.com/Londrileno

Friday 4 April 2014

So, this is my first attempt at a blog..

What I am aiming to do here is provide a semi-regular round-up of Primera Liga news in English, for fans of Spanish football who don't speak the lingo. That's it, simple really. This may well evolve into something else over time, but it'll do for a start.

I may as well jump straight in then, and although it's a big week for the top three in La Liga, one game has already been played, and it's an important one at the other end of the table - Almería losing out 2-1 at home to Osasuna. The result leaves the Andalucians deep in relegation trouble, while Osasuna climb to 15th for the moment thanks to first half goals from Oriol Riera and Alejandro Arribas.

At the business end, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all set to rest big names over the weekend ahead of their Big Cup second legs next week. Real have probably the hardest game of the three, travelling to Real Sociedad, while Atleti entertain Villareal at home and Barça take on rock-bottom side Real Betis at home. There are, as could be expected, other games going ahead this weekend, but it's getting late now and I've got an early start tomorrow. Unprofessional I know, but then again I'm not getting paid for this. Plus no-one's reading it yet and so I'm writing solely for my own benefit, essentially. Hm. That being the case, I'm going to call it a day now, and will resume next week after the coming round of matches have been played.

No comments:

Post a Comment